Monday, March 3, 2014

Training Week 7: feeling good

This morning I am sitting here watching the snow fall as I drink my green tea. Both boys are still asleep, no one has to work today, and it's relaxing despite being sick with some sinus funk. Even though watching snow fall is peaceful, I am ready for winter to be over. Yesterday it was 70 degrees and glorious outside. It got me totally in the mood for flip flops. Today, not so much. I am glad to have an extra day at home though.


Saturday I ran 5 miles. I stopped twice to stretch and hung out for a few minutes at the water stop and still did 5.2 miles in an hour flat. Not only that I had no soreness after and still feel great today. My knee only hurt a little while running and my SI didn't bother me at all. When doing my PT exercises this week I noticed how much easier they seem. My hips are finally getting stronger. I also did not feel hunched over while running this week! I really think the stretching made a difference.

I showed Kevin my laundry list of issues from last Saturday and the only thing that concerned him was my SI. This actually made me happy because it confirms that I am not crazy and imagining things. Long story short, something was twisted the wrong way so he helped me try to pop it back into place. The SI was sore the next day but felt better after a few hours. I'm really glad it didn't bother me much while running.

Even though I have been seriously running for 6 years I feel like I am finally understanding the importance of doing more than just running. I will really miss going to PT when it is done because I get a good workout while I am there and it is fun. But I feel that I know more now so that I can continue the exercises when I go to the gym and keep myself strong and hopefully injury free. Also having the accountability is nice because sometimes I can be a slacker ;-)

Hard to believe the 10K is only a few weeks away! I'm hoping for a warm, sunny morning and a great , pain free run!

No comments:

Post a Comment