Monday, March 24, 2014

Training Week 10: spot on

Saturday was week 10 of the training team. On one hand I am glad it is over because I won't have to get up early every Saturday again or run in the ridiculously cold weather. On the other hand I'm sad. The training team is always a good time and it has gotten better over the years since I first participated back in 2008. This year we had several different vendors stop by, the Y gave out a prize every week, we had bagels, donuts, coffee and tea, we were given signs to put in our yards, etc. Little perks seem to make things more fun.
Mmmm...

Coach John wasn't there this week so our run was actually 4 miles spot on. It was GREAT.

I've been very good these past 2 weeks about doing my PT at home and I feel like I have seen some improvement. I don't always get all the exercises in but I do get all the stretching and foam rolling done which Kevin said was the most important. I go back on Wednesday for my last session so I hope that he sees improvement too.

Keeping my fingers crossed for good weather this week. I really want to get out and run.


Also this past Saturday was one of my best friend's baby's first birthday party! We had a lot of fun. First birthdays are really just an excuse for adults to get together and drink. I'm pretty excited for B's now. I got a lot of good ideas and later figured out a "theme". I'm pumped. 
Yes I put a Cabbage Patch Kid wig on my child. My husband was furious. 

I'm excited to have the party but not excited about having a one year old. Where did the year go???


Next post: the 10K!

No comments:

Post a Comment