Friday, October 25, 2013

Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks

"Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks."-Forrest Gump

I watched this movie on Saturday. It is one of my all time favorites and I've loved it since I first saw it back in the 90's. I love how Forrest runs to ease his pain over Jenny and then when he feels better, he just runs for the sake of running. I used the quote that I did for this post because it comes from the scene where Jenny is throwing rocks at her father's old house because she is so mad. She throws them until there are no more and all she can do is fall down on the ground and cry. That is where I felt like I have been all week.

My grandmother passed away last Friday. She was 91 and had been in pain for some time so I am glad that she is at peace and in a better place. I've tried to be a support system for my family. It hasn't been easy and stress has been high. By Saturday night I had run out of rocks to throw. Relationships, any type of relationship in life, is hard. God never promised us life would be easy.

Tomorrow I have the Wicked 10K. I am looking forward to getting out of town with my husband and son and to running a race again. I have not trained, I'm not ready for it, but I know that I can do it. I'm hoping that by taking Forrest's approach I can let some of this stress and anger go, because it is only eating away at me. Just being happy and calm is what I enjoy in life so I hope that after tomorrow I can feel a little bit of mental freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment