Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Pack Horse Mommy

 I saw this picture on Facebook yesterday. I don't know where it came from but it totally summed up what happened when I got home.

Yesterday I started my maternity leave. My doctor gave me a note to work half days from now until delivery and HR didn't want to do that because I'm a teacher so they made me just start leave. I'm OK with this because when I counted the days, I should be in the safe zone for not having to return to work this school year (woot!) and honestly I really need the rest. My body has been struggling through this pregnancy and I've been in a lot of pain for weeks now. I would leave work limping some days, my legs and back and belly aching in a way I didn't even know was possible. So even though working makes the days go by faster, I am happy to be taking some time for me.

So yesterday afternoon I had a doctor's appointment and then I went to pick up my son from daycare. He always has to take a bunch of crap with him in the morning and it gets kind of annoying. A blanket for the car, a toy (or 2, or 3, or 4...) and his backpack for bringing home all the stuff he makes. We get home and I'm trying to get him out of the car and the next thing I know I've got my purse, a backpack, a blanket, a toy, my Tervis tumbler and a few other things overloading me. He then decides he needs more crap out of the bag of crap I keep in the car to keep him entertained when he forgets something. And guess what? He wants me to carry it.

I'm already tired and achy and cranky so I might have been a bit snappy. After I struggled to unlock the back door while loaded down like a pack horse, he refused to take off his shoes and a fight ensued that ended with him in time out.

Toddlers are great y'all. GREAT!

A week and half until #2 arrives. Whose idea was this again? Surely not mine.....

No comments:

Post a Comment