Wednesday, September 4, 2013

All those bibs

Ah race bibs. Those nifty pieces of paper that tag along for the ride with you as you sweat out however many miles are printed on them. They look funny in photos when not pinned on straight, they get put on your leg if you are running a winter race and wearing layers, and sometimes they are just plain annoying. No matter what, we just can't seem to part with these papers that identify us during a race.

What to do with your race bibs seems to be a hot topic these days. I feel like I keep seeing it pop up in blogs, tweets and other social media. Not wanting to throw them away, this is a question I asked myself about two years ago. My answer was pretty simple and straight forward-Scrap 'Em!
My running scrapbook!

I have a whole scrap book dedicated to my bibs. It started out simple with trying to stick 2 bibs on one page along with a little info about the race that it was from.



After awhile I realized that this was kind of boring so I started making it more "scrapbookish".




You really don't need a lot to make a cool scrapbook out of your bibs. Here's what I tend to look for when scraping a bib page:
1. Some nifty paper matching the theme of the race or a color that goes with it.
2. Photos from the race.
3. A graphic or stickers that can go with that race's theme. A good place to find cool running theme stickers is Scrap Your Trip.
4. Glue, scissors, markers, etc.

Put these elements together and you've got something pretty cool. I've whipped out my bib book a few times to show off how many races I have run and it is always a hit. I have a lot of fun putting each page together and they can usually be put together fairly quickly because the bib takes up most of the page.

Some other fun ideas (and not all serious):
1. Wallpaper
2. Placemats
3. Shower curtain

What do you do with your old race bibs?  


No comments:

Post a Comment