Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mary Lee did what the Mayans couldn't

Last night, upon seeing a post on facebook that there is a great white shark lurking off the shores of North Carolina...

me: "Whoa, there is a 16 foot long, thirty-five hundred pound great white shark named Mary Lee off the coast of North Carolina. That's terrifying!"

C: "Thirty-three hundred?"

me: "Three-thousand five hundred."

C: "That's impossible! That's 15 tons!"

me: "It's 16 feet long..."

C: "How can that be? That makes no sense."

me: "I said three THOUSAND five hundred."

C: "No you didn't, you said 30,500!"

me: "No I didn't. I said 3,500! And I'm chewing gum. And you have headphones on."

C: "No you didn't... but still that's a really big shark."

me: "That's scary that it is so close."

C: (mocking me) "Maybe it will swim into the Chesapeake Bay..."

me: "And then it will come up the James River, and down Hungary Creek and walk up the street to our house!" (there is a creek at the end of our street)

C: "It will do what the Mayans couldn't and destroy our Target."

me: "But we will be safe because the back door is locked."

C: "If a 300,000 pound shark knocks on our door it's definitely the apocalypse."

*If you did not read my previous post about the apocalypse, you should check that out because it makes this post that much more funny.

2 comments:

  1. After I first read this post I checked where Mary Lee was, and she was up by VA Beach! (I think this was Wednesday or Thursday...) Might be something fun to show to my students at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's headed to my house!!!! LOL! It was cool to see everywhere the shark has been but I hope it goes back to South Africa or wherever they normally live during the summer months. Great whites scare the hell out of me.

    ReplyDelete