Friday, March 14, 2014

Training Week 8: getting real tired of your sh@! SI.

This week wasn't so bad all things considered. My legs were really tight and took about 3 miles to loosen up. After that it got better although the knee still bothers me a bit as well as the SI. I did manage to sprint to the end and finish strong on my run.

 Monday was a beautiful afternoon so I got out and ran 3 miles with B in the jogger. Pushing that thing definitely takes your run to the next level but makes it very awkward as well. I still like to run on my own to keep my form good.
I love how the jogger puts him to sleep

Tuesday was a GORGEOUS day and if I didn't have a bunch of other things planned I would have gone for another run. I had a gift card to Red Door Spa I needed to use so I went and had the Sugar Body Glow treatment. It was amazing!! First they scrub your whole body with salty body scrub and then you hop in the shower to rinse off and then they come back in and put lotion all over you. It sounds simple but there was a little more to it than that, a little massage and it was so relaxing. I really needed it more than I realized. Monday I took of work since it is my birthday and I'm thinking about getting a massage then ;-)

PT this week: Kevin had a nice "come to Jesus" talk with me yesterday about how if I don't strengthen my hip flexors and core the SI will always plague me. I got the message this time. I don't go back to PT for 2 weeks so my goal is to do the stretches every day between now and then if not all the exercises everyday as well. Yesterday my SI hurt so bad I was struggling to get up on the step stool to hang some artwork at school. Kevin literally popped it back into place...it is very awkward feeling a part of your body pop that doesn't normally bend.

So stretches, every day. Hold me accountable people.

Saturday is 6 miles. Race day is two weeks away!!!

2 comments: