Friday, December 21, 2012

silly Mayans

Just a typical night in my house, while I sit in bed reading and contemplating the future, my husband walks in to tell me he needs to run to Target quick. 

me: "I'm slightly worried about the apocalypse tomorrow."

C: "Why?"

me: "I want to meet my baby! And spend like, 60 more years with you."

C: "Is Australia still here?"

me: "What?"

C: "Australia. If it was going to happen then they'd be gone already."

me: "One of my students told me it was supposed to happen at 9 o'clock tomorrow night, and also that the Mayans ran out of rock to make more calendars with so they just didn't make any more."

C: "Alright,  I'm going to Target quick. I'll be back in a few."

Later...

me: "Did you get what you needed at Target?"

C: "No it burned down."

me: "It's because of the apocalypse."

C: "Oh that's right I forgot. Australia called, they said the apocalypse was going to start with our Target."

A few minutes later...

C: "I have this feeling like I am going to get nothing done at work tomorrow."

me: "You're not."

C: "Why? Because I will be in vacation mode?"

me: "No, because of the apocalypse."

C: "Oh so I just won't be alive to get any work done?"

me: "Yep. Hey did you lock the back door?"

C: "No I left it wide open."

me: "I just want to make sure it's bolted so the zombies don't get in!"

C: "The zombies will be dead because of the apocalypse!"

me: "NO! They will be the only thing to survive the apocalypse!"

True Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment