Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Training Week 9: no fleece pants on hot days

Yesterday was snow day number 11. I am so over snow. It was also my birthday! Everyone on Facebook was all, "hey you get your birthday off of work!" but I had already planned to be out and had taken a personal day so I was not all that thrilled. Plus I had all these plans for things I wanted to get done and none of that happened, except for my hair. I did get my hair done and I love it.
  
Uber cuteness!

Red ombré!! It's not quite that bright, the filter I used made it pop more. 

It was also nice to spend the day with my kiddo who was all dressed up for the occasion. I kept trying to convince myself to go to the gym but hanging out with him was way more fun. I did do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and shoveled snow during his nap though so I got my workout in. I also stretched! 

Saturday was 6 miles (actually 6.7) and it went fairly well. I ran pretty much pain free and stretched really good at the end. Sunday I woke up and had no soreness which was awesome. I had to walk a fair amount and it was also really hilly and hot. Race day will be flat and I won't be as hot because if the weather is like it was Saturday I won't be wearing my fleece lined pants. None of my capris were clean, oops. :-/

Not much else to report right now. Just another year older. One more trip around the sun complete. 30 wasn't so bad. Motherhood made it an interesting experience. 31? Yea that number is kind of bugging me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment