Saturday, January 7, 2012

Out with the old, in with the new

First off, I can't get over this weather!!! It feels like it shoud be mid October, not January! I could really get used to this...I'm liking the idea of flying south for the winter more and more...I know, I'm already in the south, but I'm talking South Florida south. Yea, I could totally do that. Got out for a 3 mile run today and it felt SO good! I hope some of you are getting out too!

I am sad to say that my blue iPod shuffle has been lost. The last I saw it was after the half marathon and I haven't seen it since. Honestly this is why I haven't really been running as much. I have one running jacket that I can put my old second generation iPod in the sleeve and its been too warm out for that. I can't stand running without music, so I just haven't been going unless I could wear that jacket. I hate armbands and I also lost my earbuds with the shuffle (the ones with the longer cord). After searching the house about 3 times, I finally just bit the bullet and bought a new one. I have to say I am pretty happy with it. You can put playlists on the new model and I couldn't do that on my one from 2008. So I'm pretty happy with it. Got some new purple earbuds too. Oh yea, and the main thing I love about this little shuffle is that you can clip it to yourself so its always ready to go no matter what I am wearing. No sweaty, gross armbands here! I opted for pink this go round...mostly because it was that or green...I really liked the silver one with the black circle button, but everything was out of stock everywhere. I'm cool with pink though.

Pretty in pink!

I'm pretty proud of myself this week. I went to spin class on Tuesday and Thursday and ran today. Next week I am spinning on Tuesday, taking a barre class on Thursday (more on that later) and going to try and squeeze in one or two more runs if the weather stays decent. Also have the idea bouncing around in my head to run the Shamrock 8K again this year...last year I did the 8K on Saturday and the half marathon on Sunday...but the half sold out already and I am taking it easy on races for personal reasons. But I thought that the 8K could be fun again, and its on my birthday, so I could spend the weekend at the beach with friends. We'll see.

Also the Monument Avenue 10K is coming!!!! I have not signed up yet, but I will soon, I swear. If you're near Richmond you've got to do it! Soooo fun!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I get to order my iPhone tomorrow!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited. I should really start covering my car in those white apple stickers...I have enough of them now.

Keep moving friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment