Sunday, January 15, 2012

2 new classes

This past week was a crazy one for me, but I did manage to try two new workouts.

The first was a barre class at Local Barre. A girl I work with teaches classes there on the side and they just opened about a month or two ago. A group of us from work went and I actually REALLY enjoyed it. It is a fusion of ballet, pilates and yoga. It really targeted areas that seem to be a problem for women and I was sore in some crazy spots the next day! The classes are a little pricey, but I am hoping that they do another Living Social deal soon or I can take a few here or there. I know that if I could do them on a regular basis, like twice a week, I could really make some improvements to myself that I want to make, but I can't really justify a gym membership and a membership there. But I do recommend it and I do want to go back!

The other class I tried out this morning was power yoga at the Y. Whoa. I have done pilates plenty of times before but never yoga, and this was pretty fast paced and tough. I think that this is definitely going to become part of the weekly routine, but maybe just the 45 minute classes. In the middle of it, my hip popped (I have an old hip injury) and it got a lot harder for me after that. When I say that my hip popped, I mean that it feels like when you crack your knuckles, but its painful. If only I hadn't slipped on those stairs 3 years ago...

Anyways, Yoga just might become my Sunday thing :-)

This week is cooooold, but tomorrow will be gym time again and hopefully an afternoon run since I won't be at work! Yay! Love the random days off!

Keep moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment