Wednesday, January 25, 2012

a few unwanted days off

Whoa it's been a long few days.

First off, I was SO PROUD of myself last week! I did really well on working out and logging my workouts. I mixed it up and did something different almost every day. Here's what my week looked like:

Sunday 1/15-Power Yoga/60 mins
Monday 1/16-Spin/45 mins *we had the day off so I got to go in the morning, love working out in the AM instead of the PM :-)
Tuesday 1/17-Rest
Wednesday 1/18-2 mile run
Thursday 1/19-Spin/60 mins
Friday-Rest
Saturday-Rest

Saturday was supposed to be a long run day, but that's when I started to feel like I had the flu. Ick. I was hoping it would go away quickley but it's now Wednesday and I am still suffering. I feel better today than I did the last three days so hopefully it is going away. I am going back to work tomorrow because my body is actually starting to ache from just laying around the house. These muscles need to move again!

This is also not good because smart me, I signed up for a 14k on February 11th and I am totally not ready for it. I'm going to run as much as I can between now and then and hope for the best. Sometimes that's all you can do I guess.


Yea, that's what the last few days have looked like from my point of view. Being home and blogging is more fun when you are not sick and can get out and do other things beside read blogs and drink hot chai tea while blowing tons of snot out of your face. ;-) I'm ready to go back to work, for sure.

Although, the last few days have gotten me rather excited about running again. While trying to pass time, I have read several Runner's World magazines that I haven't been reading these past few months and I discovered some new races. I am seriously considering running the Diva Half Marathon in Myrtle Beach, SC in May. It's a Sunday race, so it's do-able, just have to sell the hubs on it.

I also discovered that Boston has a half marathon in October. I don't know what it is about Boston but I just put those races up on a pedestal. Plus my hubby's best friend lives there and his apartment is right near the turn around for the half. The down side of this race is that you have to finish in 2:30 or you don't finish. I just got my time down to under 2:30 so I would have to do some serious training for that race and hawl ass out there. I think I am up to the challenge for sure, but I am going to give it a few more years before I try. Still pretty excited though.

What's your dream race? Do you think you will ever run it?

No comments:

Post a Comment