Sunday, October 9, 2011

Training Week 4-finding a groove

This week went pretty good. I have started to make spin class a part of my routine. So I run Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and I am going to spin Tuesdays, Thursdays and possibly Sundays.
Monday I ran and it went well, although my knee is starting to give me some trouble. It started with a sharp pain that quickly subsided when I walked, but then it felt like someone was gently tapping on my knee in the same spot over and over when I ran. Never had that happen before and it worried me.

I went to spin on Tuesday and whoa did that kick my butt.

Wednesday I was bad and skipped my run because I was up late the night before and was just exhausted after work. Plus it was C's birthday so I had things to do for that. Happy birthday hubby!!!

Thursday I have a doctor's appointment and didn't get home till 6ish but I made myself go for a quick run anyways. I'm glad I did although my knee was bugging me again.

Yesterday I had my long run of 8 miles. That is the farthest I have gone since like last March. I forgot how much it can hurt but how good it feels when you are done. I think even when I am not training I am going to try and work these long runs into my running routine more often. I feel great today. I ran a 4 mile loop that started and ended at my house, so when I hit four miles I took a quick break, stripped some layers and took a gel (which was nasty, I will never eat the citrus orange again, it tasted like soap) and headed back for the same 4 mile loop. It made the run seem a lot shorter than it was. I think I will stick with making a loops from now on instead of getting lost in all the neighborhoods.

I also started using Daily Mile and added the widget to my page. I'm excited to see those miles rack up!

Totals this week: 3+3+8=14 miles.


Just for fun, here's another picture from the Freedom Trail Run in Boston. We were waiting for the ferry.

No comments:

Post a Comment