Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wicked 10K 2010



Last year I ran the Wicked 10K in Virginia Beach. It is my favorite of all the races I have done. Since it is right around Halloween, they have a costume contest and some of the costumes were unreal! People did such a great job and had such great ideas. It was fun to see them.


(This was the shirt I got for the race. It says "From Zero To Witch in 6.2 Miles". I thought it was hilarious!)

The race was flat which was a nice change from the hills of Richmond. I ran a consistant pace of 10:30 a mile and finised in 1hr 5 mins, which was a PR for me at the time. My Garmin was dead and I had left the charger at home so I had to just go for it and I think I did pretty good.



We got really great swag as well. I was surprised. I got a long sleeve technical shirt, a metal water bottle (at the end of the race with water in it!), a race hat, and the medal which was also a bottle opener!



And then there was the after party! It was so cool to end right on the boardwalk and have the party right there on the beach! Baker's Crust provided food which was chili in a bread bowl and a cookie. It was delicious!! And of course the main sponser, Blue Moon, gave away free beer. Can't beat that!

In 2 days I will be running this race again and I am starting to get really pumped up! Last year the day was so gorgeous and I had a really great time. This year I am looking forward to trying to set a PR and having another beautiful day. I highly recommend this race to any runner of any level. Its just a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment