Thursday, October 13, 2011

Capitol 10 Miler

Capitol 10 Miler medal

I did this race last year thinking it would be a great way to get in a long run for training for the half. Little did I know how much I would enjoy it. The day was gorgeous and the weather was perfect. The course was a bit hilly which caused some trouble for my knees, but I did get to run through some interesting parts of the city. The course had some great views of the river and the memorials. It also was not a totally packed race so people were able to spread out and have room. This one lady and I fell into pace together and even though we didn't talk, we spent over half of the race running side by side and in a weird way it was nice to have some company.

The medal for this race is pretty awesome looking too. Part of me wanted to run it again this year but I was out of town for it. Right now I am trying to concentrate on the half and other things, so I am OK with not running every race I hear about. 

Conquering another hill!
Crossing the finish line!

Beautiful fall day in the river city and at the state capitol.

No comments:

Post a Comment