Tuesday, October 25, 2011

This is what 10 miles will get you


Awesome! Or not...

Now, let me just say that I have some tough feet. The last time I got a pedicure was last May and that was only because my awesome friend Christel took me out as a gift. I used to get pedicures ALL THE TIME. Who doesn't love getting their feet rubbed and scrubbed and having shiny, pretty toes? Then I started running and that put an end to my pedi fetish. My feet are pretty kick ass now and they can take a beating. The one thing they cannot take, is high heels.

For some odd reason I thought it would be a good idea to WALK all through BOSTON in 3 inch HEELS. Where I got that idea from...yea you can blame society and the fashion industry. I'm a girl that feels great wearing pretty shoes until they start to hurt. Props to Beave for piggy backing me when I couldn't walk anymore. I ended up with a nasty blister right where this one currently is.

The old blister healed up and went away and then I did my 10 miles this past Saturday. My feet ached when I got home and I asked the hubs to rub them for me. Being the wonderful, caring, loving spouse that he is, he rubbed my feet and informed me I had a blister. Since it didn't really hurt I didn't pay any attention to it. I sat down yesterday to lace up my Sauconys and saw it, WOW. That's a doozie. I guess the new skin from the Boston blister isn't as tough as the rest of my foot.

So....taking it easy and hoping this bad boy mostly goes away before my race this Saturday. I'll pack those giant Band-Aids just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment