Monday, October 24, 2011

Training Weeks 5 & 6

Oops, looks like I missed a week. Not a whole lot happened really, it was 2 odd work weeks and being out of town threw my running schedule off. Oh well, it happens. Only 2 big things to report anyways.

1. Last week I decided to run a mile as fast as I could and I finished in 9:36. That's pretty fast for me and it's nice to know I still got it.

2. This past Saturday I did my longest run of 10 miles and it was rough. I think part of it was my shoes. The first 5 miles weren't too bad, but the last 5 were horrid. My knees and hips were not happy with me and my feet ached. The next day wasn't bad at all though. I was shocked that I was not sore.  I'm definitely only wearing my blue Sauconys for races and long runs from now on because my white ones are getting close to done.


So, in short, the big long run is done. I have the Wicked 10K this Saturday and I am getting really excited! It is my favorite race :-) Look for an update about last year's race sometime this week and a post about this year's race sometime this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment