Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boston Marathon

What happened at the Boston Marathon yesterday was unbelievable. When I turned on the TV and saw it, it shook me to the core. Not only did I have a friend running the race and a friend cheering him on, I was supposed to be out there this year. If I hadn't gotten pregnant, I was going to run it as a charity runner with my friend. Luckily both of my friends are fine, although the one that ran it posted to Facebook yesterday that he had just finished and was close enough to feel the blasts. Terrifying.

A year and half ago when we were visiting Beave in Boston, I stood and looked at the finish line which is painted on Boylston Street. I went in that Marathon Sports. 

This one really hit close to home for me. We can't even have fun events anymore without someone ruining it for everyone else.

What kind of world do we live in? I'm sad that this is the world that I am bringing my child into. I hope they find whoever did this, whoever hurt all those innocent people, and bring them to justice.

But in the darkness there is always light. I'm glad there were policemen and EMS all over the place and right there able to help. Runners are resilient. This won't end the Boston Marathon. And I still plan on being out there running it one day. Terrorists and acts of violence will never win.

"By love we'll beat back the pain we've found."-Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment