Thursday, April 11, 2013

swollen

Whoa.

The weather has been GREAT the last couple of days...I love heat with no humidity and even when there is humidity I do good (I think I was a lizard in a past life)...but with the heat comes a little something I wasn't aware of...preggo swelling. Otherwise known as edema.

Well, I take that back. I knew swelling was normal when pregnant, but haven't experienced it thus far. I guess it helps that I have been living in running sneakers and gone through most of this pregnancy in cold weather.

Now the weather gets super hot and I get a new pair of sandals I think are going to be OK for work (I'm on my feet a lot during the day). Monday they worked out well and my feet were only slightly sore that evening. Tuesday I woke up and the bottoms of my feet felt slightly bruised. I put the sandals back on and went about my day. Well, I overdid it and when I got home and actually SAW my feet, I shrieked!

WARNING: This is not for the faint of heart...

!!!!!!

I warned you!!! It was not pretty. I love my feet. They do a lot of great things for me and I try to take good care of them...but damn. I put them up for the rest of the evening and began drinking a lot of water. They looked better after a few hours and were not as bad today. I went back to the running shoes and loose socks. Much better today. They felt like they were getting a massage compared to having the sandals on. 

I'm a little worried since this hit me out of no where and can be a sign of preeclampsia, but I'm sure it's fine. Go back to the doctor next week so I'll ask her then. Plus it is hopeful that the swelling went down overnight and isn't as bad today. My rings were a little tight this morning too.

Almost 35 weeks, so I'm in the homestretch with 6 or less weeks to go. After this, running a marathon is going to be a breeze!


1 comment:

  1. My BFF had horrible edema for the entirely of her pregnancy. I felt so terrible for her - just looking at her legs/ankles/feet made me hurt.

    She is due next week and has not experienced preeclampsia - I'll cross my fingers that you don't either!

    ReplyDelete