Monday, April 29, 2013

accountability

With only a few weeks left of this pregnancy, I've been thinking a lot about how I will get back in shape after he is born. I've also been thinking about my long term goal and how I will achieve it-to run a full marathon.

I've had some major issues lately with fluid collecting in my feet and legs and I am hoping that it all clears up quickly after I give birth. Ultimately I don't know how that and the fact I haven't been running in 5-6 months, will affect my running again.

But I do have a plan.

The end goal is to run the Richmond Marathon in 2014.

Until then, I am going to slowly rebuild my mileage and participate in races that will help me build that mileage as I go. Will I be running the half in Richmond next fall? No. But I do hope to run the 8K and then a half in the spring and then join the marathon training team in June 2014.

I had a whole list of races prepared but as I start to look at dates, I'm not sure if I will get to them all. No matter what, I have my sites set on my first marathon in 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment