Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has had a good start to the new year! Ours has been interesting. C and I both have sinusitis which has just been peachy and on top of that my dog Cricket broke her toenail on New Year's Eve. Our vet was closed yesterday and today so we ended up at the emergency vet after I called what seemed like every vet in the area and they were all closed. It wasn't too bad and I think I ended up paying the same amount I would have at my regular vet. Glad we got her all fixed up but not how I was expecting to spend the first day of the new year :-(


Poor Cricket :-(
 
Anyways, last week we headed up to PA to visit C's parents for a few days. They live in the mountains of PA. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere in a place where people camp for the weekend and don't actually live, so it's pretty much just you and nature. The day after we got there it started snowing and the first day we got about 8 inches. Two days later we got more snow and had a total of about 14 inches. It was fun to see some snow since it stays fairly warm in RVA. I had to wear my father in law's snow pants since mine don't fit right now and I didn't bother to take them with me. I looked and felt like the kid from A Christmas Story. I wanted to sled down a small hill in their yard, and since the didn't have a sled, we used one of the tubes we go down the creek in during the summer. It worked out pretty good even though I had to roll out of the tube! Being pregnant is awkward.

View from my in law's back porch

I didn't spend too much time out in the snow since I have been sick but Cricket had a blast. She went from being terrified of snow to loving it in about 5 minutes. We had to stick her in the basement till all the snowballs melted off of her.

Next time she's getting shaved before we go up there...

We came home Sunday and went straight to the doctor since we both felt so terrible. Glad to be home but I do kind of miss the snow. The mountains are really pretty when it snows.

So, everyone's favorite New Year's topic, RESOLUTIONS!
Mine for 2013: have a healthy pregnancy, have a healthy baby, clean the clutter out of my house before baby gets here, get back into running and lose the baby weight, and take better care of my dog (monthly nail clippings and ear pluckings) Pretty simple things I think I can accomplish.

Anyone have any resolutions to share??
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment