Monday, January 21, 2013

rain, rain, rain, snow

This past week, I had it all planned out. I was going to walk at least 3 days and do prenatal yoga at least 3 times as well. Well then it rained...and rained...and rained...and then it snowed. Needless to say, I didn't get out much nor did I have the motivation to walk.

The cherry tree outside of our house. I love this tree!
Thursday night it started snowing fairly hard and fast, and we even had thunder snow! Of course they canceled school on Friday so I had a 4 day weekend. It was fabulous. For a hot second anyways.

Friday I took my time getting out of bed, lazed about and then started my day. Even though there was snow outside, it wasn't too bad out, so I ran to Micheal's and got the supplies I needed for some artwork I am making for the nursery and picked up some lunch on the way home. I hung out for a bit and then took Cricket for a walk. I did get one walk in this week! She walked kinda fast, it winded me a little.


I then came home and alternated between painting canvases and painting on the walls in the nursery. Next thing I know, it's 9 o'clock at night and my body was saying STOP. STOP NOW!!

I over did it...and woke up sick the next morning.

Saturday I finally made it down to Newport News and met my friend's new baby! Usually holding a baby this young, (he's only 4 weeks) makes me really nervous and awkward feeling, but this time I felt like a natural champ. Maybe those maternal instincts are finally kicking in?? I sure hope so!

I like how he's patting his paci :-)
Sunday was gorgeous out but I spent most of it bent over the humidifier with a towel over my head. At least today the congestion is a little better and I hope it's gone in a few days. I was so mad that I got sick AGAIN because I was sick with some horrible respiratory flu for my whole winter break and couldn't breathe for 2 weeks and now I have another long weekend and spent most of it sick again. Grr. I really need to start listening to my body and take it easy.

This upcoming week looks like it's going to be cold but sunny so maybe I'll get out to walk??

No comments:

Post a Comment