Friday, January 25, 2013

Eating Healthy Again

Who's hungry?

I've been thinking a lot about my eating habits lately. A year ago this past fall I got into a huge vegan baking kick and was making all kinds of vegan recipes. I was loving it. After several months of trying to get pregnant and failing, I fell off the bandwagon of healthy eating and just ate whatever junk I wanted to make myself feel better. I also slowed down on the running. Big mistake.

Since I have gotten pregnant, I am eating much better. I didn't really have morning sickness, but I had all day nausea that I figured out I could keep at bay as long as there was food in my stomach. These foods became my quick go to's:

-red, seedless grapes
-string cheese
-watermelon
-canteloupe
-raisins
-strawberry yogurt
-bananas
-crackers

This was a big change for me because I usually don't eat a lot of fruit, but I am really happy with the changes I have made to my diet and I love that I don't crave chocolate like I did before getting pregnant. I do crave french fries and foods like that but I do my best to try and pick the vegetables off the menu and not the junk. I hope that I can continue these changes after he is born.

Another thing I would like to get back into my diet are the vegan sweet potato muffins that I made for breakfast a lot, and smoothies. I love me some smoothies, but I don't give myself time in the morning to make one. I hope to start getting home a little earlier and taking the dog for a good walk and then making a smoothie for a snack afterwards.

Do you have any healthy go to's? (pregnant or not)

No comments:

Post a Comment