Tuesday, August 23, 2011

WhOa!!!!

Not a running related post, but we had an earthquake today here in RVA!
I was in the car when it happened so I didn't feel it at all, but when I got to Wal Mart it was chaos in there! They were telling everyone to leave the store and people were just standing around stunned. It was a little crazy. I wasn't freaked out since I didn't feel it. My husband works downtown and he said it sounded like something really heavy fell and then the building shook. I went home after Wal Mart and found my dog acting normal, the guinea pig oblivious and all the pictures still hanging on the walls. No harm here, but that does explain why the house has been creaking non-stop the last few days...I'll take note of it next time.
I did feel the one we had back in 2003. That one I won't forget. I was up in my dorm room on the 9th floor and the whole building swayed. It got eerily quiet and then the place exploded with people yelling.

OK, maybe I will make this running related. I ran 4 miles this morning! That's the farthest I have gone since May. It was a gorgeous day out today, earthquake and all. Maybe the earth was just shivering with joy because the weather was so beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment