Friday, August 12, 2011

Race for the Cure

The Central Virginia Race for the Cure is a fun little race. It's great because it is a 5K, nice and quick and everything is PINK! And who doesn't love pink? Not to mention it is all to support a great cause. Save the ta-ta's!

I've run this race three times now and this past year was the most fun. They have great vendors at the finish, which they moved to Brown's Island in the middle of the James River. You get things like lip gloss, shoe laces, head bands, coupons, flower pots, pens and Panera bagels. Yum! And everyone gets a medal too.

2008-First time I ran this race it was with my friend Mara who also got me into running. We had a lot of fun!

2009-Cory and I ran this race and had a good time. It was VERY  hot though and were glad to be finished.


2011-I ran it alone this past year, and I did great. To my astonishment I ran the first mile in 8 mins 44 secs! I still have no idea how I ran that fast since I was the kid in high school that ran the mile in 15 minutes or more. I have always hoped of getting that time down to at least 9:30, but 8:44?! That's just crazy! Overall I finished the race in 30 minutes flat. Another PR!

No comments:

Post a Comment