Thursday, February 2, 2012

73 degrees?!?!

Happy Groundhog Day!

It's hard to believe that yesterday was the first day of February, especially since the weather was SO gorgeous! It was 73 degrees out when I left work. Needless to say I wore a running skirt and a tank top! My run ended up only being a little over 2 miles because my calves felt like they were made of lead for the first mile. I don't know what was going on but they did not want to move. After my gorgeous run I took Cricket for a quick walk around the block. I'm trying to make sure we get out and enjoy these awesome weather days because you never know when the cold is going to swoop in and dump 2 feet of snow on us. We have weird weather in Central Virginia.

Loving on the pup before our walk.

Even though these warm days are wonderful and are helping to beat off the winter doldrums, it's giving the kids spring fever WAY early. The winter months are hard enough as a teacher, throw in spring fever and you are all ready to run out of the building screaming. At least it let's them get out for recess and burn off some energy.

I have a race in 2 weeks. It's my first race since the half back in November. I am so NOT ready for it because I have been a slackerrrrr. I am going to be running slow as a turtle. Ah well, it will be good to get back into racing mode. It is a 14K so that is almost 9 miles. I ran five on Sunday and it went pretty good, so I think I will be OK. I hope to do at least 7 this weekend, then it will be go time.
 Forgive me, I watch a lot of Cake Boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment