Sunday, February 5, 2012

One week till race day!

I have one week till race day and I am extremely unprepared! I went out this morning and ran 7 miles and it kicked my butt, to say the least. My right ankle, left knee and sciatic nerve were just hateful of me today. They were basically begging me to stop. After about mile 5.5, they gave up though and the pain went away...or maybe I just stopped noticing it. Either way I was glad it was gone and hussled to finish my run. Not only was it chilly today, there was a breeze...a cold breeze. Blah. On the bright side, I had on my new Lululemon define jacket!! This is my first piece of Lululemon gear and it was definitely worth the money! Unfortunately for my husband and our bank account, I'm now addicted.

That's my jacket! But not me...only in my past life was I that skinny.
It has cuffins (basically a built in mitten) so you can just flip the fabric over your fingers when needed. It is also really soft and surprisingly warm for being so light. The FedEx guy delivered it last Saturday ( I was on pins and needles for over a week waiting for it while it made it's way from Washington State to the east coast.) and I have gone running in it twice now and worn it to yoga once. Fabulous!!!

The other great find this week was this baby right here...
It's the Oster MyBlend and I think it's my new favorite toy. I make smoothies often and take one to work nearly every morning and the whole washing of the blender was getting really old. A blender is not the easiest thing in the world to clean and the hubby and I were getting really sick of constantly disassembling it to get that dried bit of banana out. One of my friends found this and we were blown away so we had to go get one! I got the blue one, I'm obsessed with anything teal or close to teal.

Here's how it works, the top that you see is actually covering the bottom of the bottle. You throw whatever you want in there, screw on the end with the blades, flip it over and attach it to the motor, push down and blend! When it's done, you take it off, flip the bottle over, unscrew the blade end and screw on the top. Ta-da!!! Rinse off blades, throw them in the drying rack and head out to start your day!

When someone like me who has only minutes to get ready in  the morning comes across something that makes my life easier, I'm sold.


What's you favorite new found piece of running gear or thing that makes your life easier?
Anyone else have sciatic nerve issues while running that can give me a tip?

1 comment: