Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Bacon Festival

Ahhhh the weekend. I do love it so. I especially loved this past weekend. Saturday morning I woke early and went for a 2.5 mile run, the farthest I've gone in awhile. The weather was perfect and the big thing I noticed was how quiet it is that early in the morning. It was nice to run my usual route without cars whizzing by and only a few people outside. It really set the pace for the rest of the day. I have a 5k in one month and I hope for that to be a great race so I really need to get back on the bandwagon. 


Today I was again up before everyone else. I took the opportunity to curl up in the chair with a Runner's World, coffee and my dog. It was a great start to the day. I'm super excited for this upcoming week to be done and school to be out so that I can have the mornings to be more like this one. 

Today was also the Bacon Festival! Even though it was kind of humid we had a great time and got some good bacon food! I was surprised that B liked the salted caramel bacon brownie ice cream from Gelati Celeste. We also got some goodies from Deep Run Roadhouse and Halligan's. And of course beer ;-) 



I hope to have more updates in the next few weeks as I train for my upcoming 5k in July. Seems weird to say I am training for a 5k after running 5 half marathons. I guess you have to start somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment