Thursday, June 19, 2014

Summer goals

I do not make New Year resolutions. This is simply because I do not follow through with them. I believe that if you want to make a change in your life, no matter how small, you have got to do it for yourself and start whenever you are ready, not just because it is a new year.

On my run the other day I was thinking of what I want to get out of this summer. I came up with these goals:

1. Run at least 3 times a week. It doesn't have to be a long run, it just has to be a run. Traditionally I can get a little lazy with running in the summer because the heat just kills me. This week I have been getting up early and running while C is still home to be there for B (even though they both sleep through my run) and I can run without having to worry about waking the baby and getting him in the jogger. So far it has worked out really good. Early morning runs really aren't so bad.

2. Complete the 30 Day Ab challenge. I saw this on Facebook the other week but had missed starting it at the beginning of June with everyone else. I finally started 3 days ago. So far so good.

3. Go to the gym at least twice a week. Even if I have to wait and go late at night.

4. Find new and fun things to do around town with B. He's old enough now he can actually enjoy things. I am going to enjoy pretending to be a SAHM over the summer.

5. Blog more. 

That's it! I hope I can achieve these goals over the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment