Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Training Week 3: lies!

This week was 3 miles...or at least it was supposed to be. Instead it was actually 3.7 miles. I really wish that they did a better job of making it closer to what it is supposed to be. That 0.7 can really make a difference on someone who is not used to running.

I did fairly well all things considered. I ran all the miles in about 11:30 or less which is good since I am really just coming back to running. My clothes did great, love those fleece lined pants, and it warmed up and I got so hot near the end I started stripping things off. Being able to strip after all this cold weather was nice. My knee did good but was sore for about 2 days after. I had to ice it for awhile on Sunday. I go to the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully some PT will get things back in line. Wish me luck!

This week is a bit crazy so I went to the gym today and got in a quick workout before going to get my hair cut and then heading back to school for the kids' talent show. I ran a few laps around the track, did some weight machines, free weights and ropes and then called it day. It was quick but it felt really good. I plan on going again tomorrow depending on what this knee doctor tells me.

The training plan says this week is another 3 mile run and since the hubby will be out of town, B and I may just go on our own with the jogger.

Knee update coming soon...

4 comments:

  1. When we were marathon training, Sports Backers always threw in an extra .something at the end so that we would get used to having to go that extra .2 after 26 miles. They are probably trying to do the same for you all, though .7 is a stretch!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, I had not thought of that! I think me being anal about the amount of miles doesn't help either lol!

      Delete
  2. What kind of fleece lined pants were you wearing out there in the cold? Sounds like something I need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from Athleta. They were expensive and worth every penny! They keep my legs warm but don't over heat me. I don't know how I ever ran without them!

      Delete