Monday, December 17, 2012

There are no words...

This has been a tough topic in my house the last few days. I haven't written anything because I honestly don't know where to begin.

As an elementary school teacher, I have always felt like this is the safest of school levels I could be working in. Friday rocked me to the core. We have our procedures in place, our first concern has always been and will always be the safety of the students. I will continue to do my part in keeping them safe. So parents please know that the little things that we do that might get on your nerves, like having to get out of your car to come to the office to sign your child out, these little things are in place to keep your child safe. So instead of getting frustrated, be thankful. We have you and your child's be interest in mind.

As a pregnant woman, a mother, I cried while watching the news. Knowing that I am bringing a child into a world where something like this has happened to such young children, right in our own backyard, is heart wrenching.  I can't even begin to wrap my head around what those parents must be feeling. I can only pray and do the best that I can to keep my child and bring them up in a home where there is love and warmth and try to teach them to take that out into the world with them.

What happened was indescribably horrible and pointless. I can only hope that some good comes out of it and that we, as a nation of human beings, start to work together and care more for each other.

We need more love and support in this world. I pray that those with mental illness can be given the help that they need and that they will accept that help. There is always a light at the end of every tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment