Thursday, August 16, 2012

Vacay!

Last week my hubby and I spent our first ever vacation together. I say it's our "first" because it is the first time we have been away together, alone, for a week. Long weekends are not the same as vacations to me. We were both so happy to get away and just be together. It has been an interesting year for us. We needed a break.

So we decided to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina! Neither of us have ever been there, so it was fun to go somewhere new where we could just relax and not have an agenda. We spent a lot of time on the beach, eating out and playing mini golf.
Relaxing on the beach!

We played some unconventional mini golf...
I did go for a run on the beach one of the first few days we were there and it was not what I expected! I've never run on the beach before and it was a new feeling for me. I did not really care for the wind, all the people walking in my way, or the humidity. Running on sand seemed harder to me as well. I wanted a picture of me running, but hubby was asleep when I went out. When I got back, he asked how far I went and when I told him only one mile, he told me I looked like I had just run 5 miles! That's how humid it was that day...

Then a storm came through that night and since I had left my Sauconys on the balcony they got completely drenched and weren't dried out till we left. No more running for me! (And no, I did not want to run barefoot, there were too many broken shells.)

Since we had some rainy days, we went to the aquarium! It was not a very big aquarium, but it was really cool. Made me miss scuba diving even more.

Walking through the tank!

Lobstah!

Getting back to my roots!

We had a great time! Now my summer is winding down and I am gearing up to go back to work in a little over a week. This fall is going to be good though, I have two (hopefully three or four!) races planned that I will be training for. Time to get back into shape for REAL!

Did anyone have any great vacation stories to share? What is your favorite place to vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment