Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Lazy Summer Days

It's hard to believe that it is already August. One minute I am complaining that the summer is going too slow and the next minute...*POOF* it is coming to a close.
I have tried my hardest this summer to get back into running like I was, but for the most part, my running logic has gone like this...



It has been pretty hot and sticky outside this summer and running has been the LAST thing on my mind. If I get up early enough and it is not too bad out, I try to go, but it's never very long. I did 3 miles the other week and the last mile was a doozy. I came home feeling somewhat light headed.

As of last night, I have a new motivation though! C and I are going to run the Crawlin' Crab 5K and my friend R and I are going to run the Wicked 10K together, both in October! Yay! Time to get back into shape! Just so you know, I am writing this while I wait for my husband to come home with a milk shake for me. It's my reward for running 2 miles this morning!...at least that's what I tell myself :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment