Wednesday, August 22, 2012

wakeboarding

Although I have not done much running lately, I have been wakeboarding!

Lake Anna and my godparent's dock :-)


My parents have owned a boat since I was two years old so I grew up with water sports as my first love. When I was thirteen my godfather, who has a house on Lake Anna, got a wakeboard and I learned how to use it that summer. For my birthday the following March, my parents got me my very own wakeboard. I have loved it ever since.



My wakeboard is one of the first types there was and they are so much different now than they were back then. I hope that one day my husband and I will be able to get a boat of our own and then I will probably purchase a new wakeboard. I'd love to be able to do flips and tricks on it, mine is a little more difficult to use than the new ones. The technology has changed so much since I was 14! Plus I like having a boat with a wakeboard bar really makes a difference.

Cricket hates water, but I made her go out on the float!

 I hope there is a boat in our future. Summer just isn't the same without trips to the river and the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment