Sunday, September 18, 2011

Training week 2: new discoveries, sinus infections and letting go

Has it really been a week since I posted last? Sorry, my job makes me a slacker since it consumes most of my life...
Anyway,the training went well last week. I ran 3 miles on Monday, 4 on Wednesday and 3 on Thursday. I also downloaded this app called the Daily Burn which has been helping me keep track of how many calories I am eating and has put me on a workout schedule. It's actually pretty cool, you put in what you want to do and sets up workouts for you for 30 days, for however many days a week you want to do it. It killed my triceps on Wednesday.
So all was going well and then on Friday afternoon my throat started to hurt. Great. I've been back with the kids for 2 weeks and they already got me sick. I was hoping it would go away but it didn't. Saturday it was worse and then today it was even worse than yesterday. I went to the doctor and got some meds so I hope I can be running again by Wednesday or Thursday.
To top it all off, my guinea pig Tobi, who was over 8 years old, passed away today. She's been just getting old and frail for awhile now but she always seemed so cheery despite everything. I held her today until she was gone. She's the fourteenth piggie I've had in my life and it never gets any easier.
So, kind of a crappy weekend all around.

Miles this week: 3+4+3=10

No comments:

Post a Comment