Saturday, September 3, 2011

Gear Time-Bondi Bands

"Son, is that a panty on your head?"-Raising Arizon

Thank you Coen Brothers for that awesome line!

Now, some of you might be wondering something similar when you see pictures of me running. What IS that on that girls head? Well, actually, it is a Bondi Band and they are the GREATEST thing I have found for keeping my annoying hair/sweat out of my face while running. I don't really care for hats, (though I wear my one from the Shamrock once in awhile and that one is OK) and I haven't tried the sweaty band because my hair is so thick and slick that it looks like it would slide right off, so I haven't even bothered to try them.
I think I have close to 20 of these things lying around no, but here are a few of my favorites that I wear for most races...







Bondi Bands are the only thing I have found that not only does what they are supposed to do, but they also stay put on my head. And they come in so many different colors and patterns! You can order them from the website but I usually stock up at expos because they are a little cheaper.

They are my favorite headgear while running for sure!

In the winter I usually pack them away and wear my UnderArmor headband that covers my ears. I recommend one of those as well, lot's of different brands make them.

PS-The sunglasses are Oakley Ravishing, Breast Cancer Awareness edition. They go with me everywhere and are great for running because they don't bounce on my face.

Next time, the Garmin Forerunner!

No comments:

Post a Comment