Wednesday, November 25, 2015

HCA 8K 2015

Saturday November 14th I ran the HCA 8K which is part of the Richmond Marathon. I have run the half marathon 4 times, but with so much going on at work, I knew I would not have the time to dedicate to training for a half. I barely had time to train for the 8K. Being all ambitious, I even made a training plan back in September since I had slacked of once again and I couldn't even keep up with that.
Wave 1??? Aww crap. I guess that's what I get for not training.
My athletic supporter! Our squinty eyes tell you just how exhausted we were.

Even with the little training I did manage to complete, I finished the 8K in 50 minutes 48 seconds.

Boom. Drop glitter.
I'm awesome. Just kidding.

True, I ran the whole time with a side cramp and was breathing like I was in labor but I did it! I had a good laugh when I saw the photos and saw how I was smiling as I crossed the finish line.

Big smile cause I knew I did pretty darn good ;-)

It was a great morning for a  race and all in all, I had a good time, but there was a dark cloud hovering just on the horizon.

The terrorist attacks in France really got to me on Friday night. I did not realize what was going on since I was at the mall with my parents and then took B back to their house for the night. When I got there, dad had the TV on and was watching what was happening.

I am so sad and tired of people harming and killing other people in the name of whatever they believe. So what if someone believes something different from you? It makes the world a more interesting place. Why can't people just live and let live? Sometimes I feel like we are back in the freaking middle ages.


I try to keep hoping that some day, there will be total peace in this world.

While I was running back towards the finish, the sun was in our faces. I happened to look up and see this beautiful, classic diamond shaped kite. It was yellow and someone was flying it from the roof of their building. There was a tree between the kite and me. Most of it's leaves had fallen off so I could see the kite on the other side of the branches, the sun shining across a cloudless sky. The sight of it made me smile. Despite the evil in this world, there is still so much beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment