Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween 2015

First off, I went running for the first time today in over a week. It hurt.

I also went and got a massage last week and the lady had to work knots out of my legs. How do you get knots in your calves?? I knew I wasn't crazy and that there was a reason why my legs ache every day when I get home from work...my plan is to start trying to get some pilates in at some point during my day and convincing the hubs to rub my legs every once in awhile-and by that I mean every other day (lol).

Last week was CrAzY. I just have to say that I have a whole new level of respect for my mom. She made all my Halloween costumes through the years and not only were they amazing, I have no idea how she got them done. I decided to make B's costume this year. (I feel like I have a lot to live up to!) and since I don't have a sowing machine and never really learned how to use one anyways, I had to sow the whole thing by hand. I decided I wanted him to be Toothless, the black dragon from How To Train Your Dragon. I made all the pieces and parts and attached them to a black hoodie. It turned out great!!! I was pretty proud of it. The whole thing also had to be finished in time for him to wear it to daycare on Friday. Ahh!!

In case you didn't know, this is Toothless. And if you haven't seen the movie, you should.
  
image source

This was my little Toothless!




I had it done in time for the party at daycare! 


And then made some last minute additions for a Saturday morning dress up.

He did much better Trick or Treating this year. He had fun saying "Trick or Treat!" and opening his bag. It was so fun to watch. We made it to a good amount of houses and then ran home to hand out candy. He was tired and slept in, even with the time change. (So thankful for the time change!! I love having an extra hour to sleep before having to get up for work.)  Hopefully we can get another year out of Toothless. He was a hit. 
We also carved out pumpkin at 5pm on Saturday cause that's how we roll. 


I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment