Sunday, February 15, 2015

Race for the Chocolate 5K

Saturday my friend Jess and I ran the Race for the Chocolate 5K in New Kent, Virginia at New Kent Winery. The course was very hilly, it was very cold and for some unknown reason, the race started 15 minutes late. There was no warning, they just blasted a horn at 9:15AM. BAM! RUN!
Sunrise at the river 

I think I did fairly well for only running once this week. I have been running 30 minute 5Ks and I did this one in 33:27. Pretty good considering how hilly it was. Hills always slow you down. I also walked a bit because my hip flexor was bothering me. I'm not really sure what to do about that.

At the end we got our roses, chocolate and wine samples and then hit the road. It was too cold to hang around. I might do it again if I sign up early enough next time so it is cheaper, but I am no hurry to repeat this one. I really don't like hills. Even with all that I managed to finish 75th in a total of 376 women and 11th out of 59 in my age group. Holla!

On another note, this was the 40TH RACE I have run!!! Go me!! I can't believe I have 40 races under my belt. 

Sorry this is a short post. I am exhausted and can't really think of much to say. I am also about to go eat some pizza which I hope will make my stomach feel better. It's still feeling a little rough after that bottle of wine last night :-0

No comments:

Post a Comment