Sunday, February 8, 2015

Let the training begin...

I am officially 2 weeks into my 10K training! So far so good and it feels GREAT to be back at this and (almost) fully back to normal. My legs still give me some trouble, my knee and hip flexor, but it's getting better. I'm getting there.

Instead of doing all of my running outside, I have been doing 2 days a week at the gym on the treadmill. I usually hate the treadmill but awhile back I found the interval setting and it makes it feel so much better. I do a 2:1 interval and it keeps my legs from wearing out and keeps me from getting bored. It also helps that if I go right after work, Sex and the City is on E and I can totally zone out to that.

A few weeks ago I stumbled upon and purchased the Believe training journal from Sister Sports. It looked pretty good and so far I have been pleased. It also inspires me to not miss a run because I enjoy logging my runs in it. It is filled with good advice and fun stuff too.

Stepping it up on the Fitbit has been fun too. This week at work we are starting a contest to see who can get the most steps each week. I am excited because my training has caused my daily step count to jump WAY up. This is also extra incentive to get me to run.

In other news we have started our kitchen renovations! I CANNOT WAIT to post pictures of the final product! It's going to be sooooo good!!!

The weather this weekend was amazing. I am so ready for spring and summer. B and I even got out to the park and went for a walk :-)

1 comment: