Monday, March 18, 2013

The Big 3-0!

March 17th, Saint Patrick's Day, is my birthday. This year I turned 30. YIKES! Where did my 20's go??? I miss you already.

Although I am sad to see that the 20's are over, I am ready to move on to the next chapter of my life. I grew up more in my 20's than I did at any other time in my life. They were heartbreaking, exciting and wonderful. You know the movie classic "It's A Wonderful Life"? Yea, it was kind of like that.

20-22: The later college years. How I miss those.
22-24: Job hunt that completely sucked, a job that completely sucked, breaking in as the new art teacher at an afluent school was like being hazed. Married, separated, divorced. Yea, those were some rough years and I don't miss them at all.
24-26: Healing. Falling in love again. Carrying on an exciting and wonderful long distance relationship. Finding hope.
26-29: Buying a house, starting a new life with someone special, getting married again on the beach in Key West, struggling with fertility, getting pregnant, nearing the end of pregnancy.

It's been one hell of a ride.

So what did I do for my big birthday?

Friday night C threw me a birthday party downtown with some of my closest friends. It was a lot of fun, even though I couldn't drink. I did take a "virgin" shot of cranberry juice!

Saturday I went to brunch with my friends who came from out of town and then just relaxed the rest of the day. Staying out late when you are preggo really takes it out of you. C took me to dinner at Bonefish and then we got cupcakes at Frostings. I got a samoa cupcake and it was AMAZING!! My new fave :-)

Sunday we just relaxed around the house since the weather was so bad then went to dinner with my parents at the Cheesecake Factory. Yum! I did some good eating this weekend! This morning I went to the doctor and found out that baby boy is head down so he is getting ready to go!! So excited and ready for him to be here. I would be totally fine with him being a week early. 37 weeks is considered term so as long as we make it to April 27th I'll be happy.

I also bought myself a little birthday gift :-) My godparents gave me some money for my birthday, so did my parents and then I told C this is what he got me since I really didn't ask for anything.
Lucky Elephant and Shamrock charms!

So excited about my new Pandora bracelet! I never really paid attention to these before, and honestly every time they show them in a commercial C and I make fun of them because they are overloaded with giant, gaudy, chunky beads. Then my friend Jess showed me hers and it was really cute. I went to get her a charm and ended up spoiling myself while I was in there because I actually really like some of the charms! I am somewhat addicted now and looking forward to adding more in the future.

Overall it was a great birthday. I'm trying not to think too much about the fact that I am 30 but I am looking forward to finding out what this next chapter of my life is going to bring me. I've got a baby on the way and an awesome husband to join me for the ride.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! My big √256 - (5 x 2) +24th birthday is this Friday. I'm trying not to think about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday!! It's not so bad :-) So our birthdays are in the same week as well?? How have we not met yet??

      Delete