Monday, June 22, 2015

Sweet Sweet Summer

So I've been out for summer for a little over a week now. It has been good to be off but it has also been hard. Having a 2 year old is hard. Don't get me wrong, he is amazing and so much fun, but he's getting into throwing temper tantrums more than what I am used to. Some days it seems like they are about every 10 minutes. And for heaven sakes don't let him miss nap time! I feel like Gollum from Lord of the Rings when it comes to nap time, "my precious"...

All that aside I have been stepping up the running, even if it has been slow! We went in the morning before it got too hot and I can get 2 miles in fairly easy again and that is with the jogging stroller. Tomorrow morning I plan to get my butt up early and get a run in before the hubs leaves for work and before it gets ridiculously hot outside. We are definitely hiding inside tomorrow.

Speaking of the hubby, I hope everyone had a happy Father's Day! Here is our lovely photo from yesterday when we attempted to go out to eat....


Today was not much better as our child has decided to start shouting out a few *choice* words lately because he thinks it is funny. I do not find it amusing. All I can say is clean up your language before you have kids and don't watch any adult television when they are around because it will come back to haunt you. They are like little sponges...

But then he looks like this and I melt all over again...


Little stinker.

Oh, did anyone else get freaked out in these storms we have had the last few days?? It was seriously scary down at the river. I was alone for awhile with just B and after I put him to bed I just sat by the window and watched the lightning praying there would be no tornadoes where we were. At one point I even thought I about getting B out of bed and hiding in the closet downstairs just in case. It is really creepy at the river when there is bad weather. I even got a picture of the lightning when it struck across the way. I'm glad that no one was hurt in these storms from the weekend.


Well nap time is about over so I better head out. Happy running friends!


1 comment:

  1. That's awesome you got that lightning shot! But yes, definitely scary weather and more is coming today!

    ReplyDelete