Saturday, November 15, 2014

I regret nothing

Today, like right now, people are running the Richmond Marathon. Since my knee has been a huge pain to me this last year and I have not been very good at finding motivation as of late, I decided not to run. I ran the 8K last year and not only was it cold, but it also down poured on us before the race started, my knee hurt and I was absolutely miserable. So you can see why I avoided it this year. I'm kind of glad I did when I say the frost on the car this morning and felt how slippery the deck was when I let the dog out. 
My Facebook status today: "good luck to all those running!! I'm writing this from my warm, snug bed. I regret nothing." 
And that was true, until I saw the medals people are posting! Nice bling this year. Even though I missed out on it this year, this gives me a bit of motivation for next year. Will I run the half again? I hope to someday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment