Friday, July 4, 2014

A great weekend

Last weekend was one of the best weekends I've had in awhile. Thursday I went down to the river and it was nice to be alone for the night. Friday I rode jet skis and floated in the water. Saturday I went to a friend's cousin's house on a different river and got to finally try stand up paddle boarding! I've been wanting to try this for 2 years so I was super excited about it. I was bugging the hubby about getting one before I ever tried it but now I'm just driving him up a wall :-)


Paddling was so easy, relaxing and fun!
It also makes a good place for your wine. Floating table! 

Most of the day was spent drinking beer.

B wasn't too sure about the sand but he got used to it. The last time he was in the sand he was only 4 months old so he didn't do much. Now he can enjoy it!

Sunday I was back in RVA so I could run the first of the Summer Donut Dash series that Run Eat Play RVA started. Inspired by the Freedom Trail Run in Boston, this run was designed to give you a tour of part of the city of Richmond and to introduce you to local places to eat. They decide to start with donut shops and the Donut Dash was born! The weather was gorgeous and the donuts were awesome! I can't believe I had not tried Sugar Shack yet. Definitely not something I need to eat on a weekly basis but super yummy!
One of the places we stopped. It is the oldest house in the Fan. It used to be a farm house!
Sugar Shack!

Yea I brought some home...and yes that one has bacon on it.

I'm sitting here waiting for Hurricane Arthur to move out so our super fun Fourth of July weekend can begin! I'm running my first race since last October tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment