Wednesday, November 27, 2013

HCA 8K

Warning: this is a bit ranty.

Saturday 11/16 was the Richmond Marathon. I usually run the half, but this year I decided to run the 8K since I haven't had time to train for a half. It did not go very well.

Things I currently hate:
1. my left knee.
2. my right hip flexor
3. that I have no time to run anymore

Number 1 is a new injury and I'm pretty sure it happened while I was in body pump one day. I hate squats and I think that's what did it. It did not feel right one day and now it is bothering me more and more. During the 8K yesterday it was hurting pretty bad. And although the downhill finish was a cool idea, it sucked for me because it made me land harder on my knee. Add to that the fact that it rained and I was trying not to slide down the hill.

Number 2 is an old injury that hasn't bothered me in years and has now come back to haunt me since the Wicked 10K. I really need to figure out a way to get out and run during the week. I am not race ready at all.

Number 3...I knew that going back to work would be hard, but I didn't fully understand that it would mean I would have absolutely no time for myself. I'm having a very hard time dealing with this.

Oh, the other thing that made me hate this race even more? Rain. The weather guys called for sprinkles and they were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off. I felt like a drowned rat as I stood there waiting for the race to start and just got poured down on.

I was so not mentally ready to run. I haven't been in awhile. Races have not been exciting me as they used to. So it is time for a break. I hope that if I take some time off, work on time management, and get my knee and hip better I can get back to a place where I enjoy running and it fulfills me like it once did.

At least the medal was cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment