Monday, April 2, 2012

Monument Avenue 10K 2012


Saturday was the Monument Avenue 10K. If you live on the East Coast and have not heard of this race...well, then you must live under a rock. There were over 40,000 participants this year. YES, FORTY THOUSAND! It is quite the event in RVA. Like I have said before, this race holds a special place in my heart because it was my very first race. I have now run it 5 years in a row. It gets better every year.

 Need to pee?? You've got options.

Here I go!

 Done! And trying to make a Dasani ad apparently...

 My fave thing this year? The white house rolls! Bagels are overrated.

Love your runner! And your support team :-)


My time this year was 64 minutes. That's only one minute slower than last year, and considering I did not train like I usually do, I think that's pretty good.

Going to the expo and running this race has really sparked my interest in running again. I think it's time to start working towards checking some things off the bucket list.

So what's next? Most likely the Crawlin' Crab Half Marathon! or the 5K, I haven't decided yet. Either way, it's a new race from J&A Racing this year, and I am stoked! Can't wait to run around Hampton in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment