Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bad, blogger! Bad!

I fell off my self imposed blogging bandwagon! Oh well, it happens...

Anyways I am back and hopefully I will update a little more frequently this time.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and was able to get out and do a turkey trot of some length. I did not do a turkey trot this year, but I did go for a 3.1 mile run by myself and it was great. The morning was only a little chilly and it was nice to burn 300 calories before the big meal.

I did our local Turkey Trot 10K last year and I really enjoyed it. You run all around the University of Richmond and it's surrounding neighborhoods. The course is hilly and challenging but really beautiful. I hope that I can run it next year since I skipped it this year.

It's hard to believe that we are in the holiday season. It totally snuck up on me. As I have mentioned, I am a teacher and you can totally tell the kids are ready for a break...although I can tell you, we teachers are probably more ready than they are.

I haven't had much time to just sit, but after this weekend I should. I have my first craft show coming up and I am so excited! I haven't been running because I have been making pottery every afternoon after work and I am ready for that to be over with so I can run again.

Now that I have the running down, I am also working on living a (slightly) healthier lifestyle. One little discovery I made while training for the half was a new smoothie! I haven't had it in awhile and I think I might have to make a batch over winter break. I follow this vegan blog, Oh She Glows, and I am by no means a vegan but I like a lot of her recipes. I am kinda tired of eating "crap" and I am veeeery sloooowly trying to put healthier foods into my diet. One easy way to do this is post run smoothies!

I made her recipe for pumpkin butter, and then I had no clue what to do with it...so I scooped some into the blender one morning and this is what I came up with!

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

1-2 big spoonfuls of pumpkin butter
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup (or "glugs" to be technical) of almond milk (or any kind of milk)
1 banana
3 cubes ice

Blend and serve!

So easy and so tasty! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment