Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Day 2 and protein shakes

Day 2 of being home has gone better than day 1 did. Day one was my birthday and I think that is part of the reason I was depressed. Not being able to go out, no birthday dinner, no cake, one to remember for sure. 

I have been doing the Strong Body Guide program since last October. I did REALLY well for the first few weeks and was really dedicated. Then the holidays came along and I completely stopped. There was too much going on and I had no time or energy to work out. I finally started up again a few weeks ago and although I have not been as dedicated with the meal plan, I have been getting all the workouts done. I am currently on week 9 and the last 2 days have been ROUGH. By the end of my workout I had done 160 squats!!! My hamstrings were killing me last night and today. 

We found out from our school system that we will now be out for a month. While the last 2 days have been trying (hello, small children) I have been working out hard. And when I finish weeks 9 through 12, I am going to start over. I am excited to see my progress at the end!

I have also been trying to change some things in my diet. This is one of them. I drink a protein shake every day. I use almond milk, ice, chocolate protein powder, a banana and peanut butter. I also picked up some greens and have been adding them as well. I tried them in a strawberry shake and I could taste them, but with the chocolate, peanut butter and banana, I couldn't. 

My other favorite shake to make is almond milk, ice, chocolate protein powder, strawberries and a banana. 


Post workout Mama.

Amazing Grass that tastes like grass!! Ha! It's not too bad mixed in with something.


So I hope everyone is staying healthy and making smart choices during this scary and uncertain time in our world! Yes it is hard being stuck at home, but it could be a lot worse. I talk to my friends through text, Marco Polo and Snapchat. I see what others are doing through Facebook and Instagram posts. I get to watch the Today show in the morning and I am already getting some books read that have been sitting around for months. We got a new oversized chair in our Florida room and that's where I have been camping out and reading. It's so nice!! Oh and napping. Man have I missed napping. 

Check back again for more! Ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment